Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Characters


I don’t really like all the characters in this novel. They all afflict one person, Piggy, and I think all the characters in this novel have bad personalities. Ralph is rude. Others kids are also rude, selfish, and violent. By looking at this novel and the characters, the readers could reveal that when people are in danger so they could lose their lives, no matter who they are, they get selfish and violent. As you see in the book, children kill each other to live. Also, this book reveals how the civilizations are made and what the human instincts are. From here, the readers could realize how brutal and weak a human is.

2 comments:

andradec said...

I think that this post is quite good and I like how you relate it to human civilization and human nature. I also think that you have the right idea about the characters in the book.

Kelly Lee said...

By reading your post, I really wanted to read this novel. It's certainly astonishing how children can kill each other to survive! I wonder what I would do if I was in that situation. Also, I really liked how you explained well about how this novel relates to civilization. It is amazing to know that humans can change when they are placed in danger. Nice job, Joohee!